Sunday, November 27, 2011

Just girls and no guys

Last night, well, this whole weekend was pretty crazy.

I have not been single for that long (about 6-months), so I'm still getting into the groove. This weekend, lots of alcohol was involved and I'm learning quickly that if I am going to hook a guy at a bar, I need to be hanging out with just girls and no guys. What kind of guy would want to hit on me when there's a potential boyfriend/guy who is into me sitting next to me?

Last night, I saw a lot of cute guys. LOTS. But, I'm trying to figure out how to flirt still. Isn't that strange? Not knowing how to flirt? It turns out that as a 27-year old, I'm rather shy when it comes to the opposite sex. Back in my late teens/early 20's, I could make the first move and talk to a guy pretty easily. Now, I have trouble doing that because I want them to come to me.

I want a guy to approach me, to be old fashioned and make the first move. Is that the correct assumption or should I approach a guy that I'm interested in?

So many questions and I really wish this came easy for me, but it doesn't.

2 comments:

  1. When I bring this subject up to my recently-coupled man friend, he states the following, "You can vote and you can drive, that means you can approach a dude. This isn't 1855 and it is just as difficult for a guy to approach a girl, if not more so."

    However, I agree and totally empathize with your desire to be approached. It's flattering and it makes you feel attractive. Well, unless the dude is a skanky old man with no teeth and wreaking of alcohol and pee. Those are the only "guys" I seem to attract at a bar. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same! And the ones who actually approach you are the ones you never want.
    I've never been able to approach a guy... even if intoxicated. It sucks because there are plenty of ones I'd like to talk to, but I don't have the guts.

    ReplyDelete