Saturday, November 19, 2011

First date, as advertised

We said we would meet at 8:15. I arrived at 8:20, fashionably late as always. Tall-POF (nickname) was in the parking lot waiting for me. We decided to meet outside in order to be less obvious inside. I joked that we wouldn't want to be the couple the wait staff looks at all night because they know we met online.

When I saw him in the parking lot, from far away, he was exactly "as advertised." Very tall, muscular, fit, etc. He's very handsome and comes off gentle. I could tell he was checking me out, but I couldn't figure out what his reaction was. But, I can tell you that I didn't feel out of my league. In fact, I felt pretty hot last night.

He opened the restaurant door for me, and took charge to get us a table. We waited for 20 minutes and as we waited, he ran into a friend he knew from work. They chatted for a good 2-minutes with no introduction on his part (bad sign?). After awhile, his friend introduced himself and there was a nice awkward joke about it. I can't be annoyed though, we just met 5 minutes ago!

(Awkward side note: It was at this point that I looked over to the bar and saw a guy I had talked to before on POF... just some online flirting but I would never go on a date with him. He didn't seem polite online so he certainly wouldn't be in person! How awkward is that? I don't think he saw or recognized me but I still think it was odd.)

Dinner was uneventful, unfortunately. It turns out that the restaurant he took me too was really nice. The prices were steep and we ordered appetizers and drinks. Very classy on his part. The conversation flowed, with only a few pauses, but nothing too awkward. The two beers I ordered helped.

I did notice him checking out my rack on numerous points at dinner. He tried to be discreet, but a woman always knows

Soon, two hours flowed on by and it was time for us to leave. He walked me all the way to my car, which was farther out than his. We hugged and it wasn't awkward at all.

And, that was it.

My gut is saying that while he's a great guy, he may be more of friend-material. However, he could also be one of those guys that it takes awhile to get to know if there's chemistry or not. He may be too gentle for my liking...

I suspected he would have texted me yesterday or this morning, but he hasn't. Either he's playing it cool or he isn't really interested, which is cool. I'll keep you updated.

1 comment:

  1. I always make the guys meet me outside first too. I don't want people to know I'm on a blind date. He sounds like a decent catch so far. Have you tried texting him yet? Maybe you should and see how he responds?

    ReplyDelete