Monday, November 21, 2011

The end of Tall-POF

The day after the date with Tall-POF, we texted a little back and forth. I made the mistake of texting him first (was it a mistake?) and just went from there. He's very kind and proper and texted me back. He did not leave me hanging. However, it's Monday night and he hasn't texted me all day. I'm guessing he's just not that into me?

I'm okay with the fact that this probably won't work out, and maybe I'm a bitch for saying this, but I wish I was the one to let him down, not the other way around. From his perspective, he probably thinks I'm interested because I texted him yesterday.

Whatever. I think it's over, not like it lasted long or anything. What sucks now is that I don't have any immediate prospects. I went ahead and joined Match.com after coming to terms with the fact that POF is for sheeves. So far so good.. I've gotten some "winks" and a couple emails, but no one I'm head over heels for yet. I've emailed a couple people who I thought would respond, but they haven't. That's a little disappointing, but I guess expected. I mean, what did I expect? To have guys fawning all over me?

Dating sucks, sometimes.

How is your dating life?

Natasha

2 comments:

  1. Yay for joining Match! However, be totally aware that there will be a lot of emails, winks, etc. with a lower return rate on responses (and you're weeding out too).

    As for being the one to let Tall-POF down, don't stress that too much. It was one date and you knew you weren't feeling it either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally hated POF. The WORST nightmare of a date was the reason I deleted my profile on there. That is a long story, but it should show up on my blog eventually. You'll know it when you see it.

    The thing I really like about online dating is the being forced to be honest with yourself. "Do I REALLY think this will go anywhere?" If the answer is "No", you don't have to fool around with trying to break it to anyone. You can just ignore him and be on your merry way!

    ReplyDelete